Japanese Prawn and Noodle Salad Recipe
Try pairing them with veggies for lunch and keep the carbs “slow” for optimal energy at the office or while chasing kids around all day.
- 150 g Japanese noodles or Chinese
- 6 Cups Mixed Greens
- 2 Cloves garlic; crushed
- 1 Red pepper; deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 4 tb Brown rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh root ginger grated
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Sesame seeds toasted (1oz)
- 2 tb Sunflower oil
- 1 Lb. Prawns
- Place the cooked drained noodles in a salad dish and chill.
- In a small bowl add the the rice vinegar and soy sauce. Leave for 10 minutes.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wok and add the crushed garlic,stir fry for 1-2 minutes and add the red pepper.
- Add Prawns to the hot pan and cook for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk and allow to thicken. Then cool slightly.
- Combine the vegetables with the noodles and add the rice vinegar and soy sauce directly to noodles. Take the grated ginger and holding in one hand squeeze the juice over the salad and discard the pulp.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- Toss with mixed greens.
Delicious served as a light lunch or as part of an oriental meal.
Zesty Tip: When dressing a salad, place the dressing in the bottom of the bowl and the greens on top of them and gently toss with a pair of tongs just before serving. This will prevent damaging the greens.