Have a Fabulous Super Bowl Party With Mouth-Watering Ribs
Try this recipe from La Cense Beef and treat your guests to some mouth-watering short ribs. Want your feast to be even better? Make sure you use grass-fed beef!
Beef Short Ribs with Tomatoes Smoked Peppers and Oregano
2lbs bone in short ribs salted overnight
1 large onion
6 garlic cloves
3 large tomatoes cut in chunks
4 sprigs of oregano or 2 t. dried
1-2 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (use 2 if you really like a kick)
- In a large cast iron pot or casserole, heat some olive oil and brown the short ribs on all sides.
- Remove the meat.
- Add more oil if necessary and sauté the onions and garlic.
- When softened, add the tomatoes. They will give off some juice.
- Cook off some of that water then add the oregano and the chipotles. Salt the stew lightly. Add the meat back into the pot.
- Cover and simmer for about 2 hours either on top of the stove on a low heat or in the oven at 325. It should be loose when you pass a knife through it. Remove the meat. Skim off any fat that is on top of the sauce and reduce further if necessary. It should be a chunky consistency. Serve with soft polenta or mashed potatoes laying the meat down on the starch and then spooning all the sauce over everything.