Aunt Sally’s $10,000 Chicken Recipe Gets a Makeover
My Aunt Sally won $10,000 for this recipe, plus it is lowfat, simple, and delicious!
This is my slightly healthier spin on it as I use olive oil instead of butter, brown rice instead of white, and lowfat sour cream rather than full fat.
- Rinse and trim fat off four boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes (recipe below)
- Heat skillet over medium high heat, then add 1-2 tablespoons olive or canola oil.
- Sear chicken breasts on medium high heat for a few seconds on each side, and reduce heat to medium or medium low depending on your stove.
- Add Marinade
- Cook about 15 minutes on each side until chicken is tender and white on the inside.
- Remove chicken and bring marinade to a boil for 60 secs.
- Serve chicken and sauce over brown rice mixed with steamed broccoli or your veggie of choice.
- Garnish with lowfat sour cream and a twist of lime.
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Grey Poupon
- 1 cup salsa. For kids use the mild salsa.
- Half squeeze of lime. Save the other half for garnishing.
- Combine ingredients and cover over chicken breasts, stirring occasionally.
- Marinate at least 30 minutes.
- The cliffnotes version of this recipe is 2 parts salsa to 1 part Grey Poupon (or less) and add a squeeze of lime. If you want to moderate the recipe to your family’s needs.
I LOVE this recipe because it is healthy, and contains ingredients that are simple to keep readily on hand.