Sunshine Carrots with Basil
- 5 med. carrots
- 1 tbsp. turbinado sugar
- 1 tsp. organic cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/8 Tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. basil
- 1/4 c. orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp. organic butter
- Cut carrots however you prefer.
- Boil in water for about 10 minutes or until almost tender.
- Meanwhile combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, basil, cinnamon and ginger in a small saucepan.
- Add orange juice; cook, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.
- Boil 1 minute. Add butter.
- Pour over drained carrots.
- Toss and serve.
Zesty Tip: When cooking any root vegetable that you will later add a sauce too – make sure to slightly undercook your vegetables as they will continue to cook in the sauce. To stop the cooking process after boiling them or steaming them – you can shock them in ice water.
For more simple, easy and healthy recipes, head over and check out zestycook.Dr. Nicole Sundene, NMD is a licensed Naturopathic Medical Doctor at Fountain Hills Naturopathic Medicine 16719 E Palisades Blvd, Suite 205, Fountain Hills, AZ 85268.
She believes we should utilize natural medicines to treat the root cause of disease rather than just treating symptoms, as symptoms are a message of imbalance sent from the body and will persist until they are properly addressed.
For appointments please visit http://FHnaturopathic.com for more information about Naturopathic Medicine services.
©KitchenTableMedicine.com, LLC ™