Why You Should Eat Breakfast
In my opinion, after interviewing thousands of people about their eating habits and disease states, the #1 most unhealthy mistake most unhealthy people all commonly seem to make is simply not eating breakfast.
Now, I am not sure if this just goes along with the fact that most unhealthy people don’t put a lot of time, attention, self love, or self care in to themselves, or if skipping breakfast every morning is exactly what is causing this biochemical myriad of chronic health complaints. Regardless, we have all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I agree with that whole heartedly.
Now you wouldn’t expect to get in your car each morning and drive it around without any gas, so why would you drive yourself around without being properly fueled up for your day? No parent in their right mind would send their child off to school without breakfast, so why shouldn’t you demonstrate the same level of love for yourself?
Consider the time you take to sit down and have a proper breakfast an INVESTMENT in your day. Try it for a week. See how much time is actually saved by starting your day off on the right foot. Eating breakfast will improve your concentration, energy, productivity, and mood.
Here are my SEVEN favorite super FAST healthy fixes for breakfast:
- A bowl of hot or cold cereal with a scoop of protein powder mixed in with your milk; top with fruit and/or raw nuts
- Poached or scrambled eggs and whole grain toast
- Whole grain toaster waffles and almond butter
- Fruit and cottage cheese
- Yogurt, fresh or frozen blueberries or raspberries, and freshly ground flaxseeds
- Leftovers from last night’s dinner. Yes! Believe it or not, most dinners are the perfect breakfast foods. Try eating a little bit of chicken, turkey, or seafood for breakfast with some rice and see how well your morning goes. Japanese traditionally have miso soup, rice, and fish for breakfast. It is a bit of a paradigm shift, but a GREAT way to start the day!
See? Doesn’t that all sound SO good? How can you skip breakfast?
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you want to be energized, focused, and full of vitality, you absolutely have to have breakfast. Be sure to always have protein with your breakfast to stabilize your energy levels and concentration.
Make breakfast time a ritual with a big cup of green tea or favorite herbal tea of your choice. See if you can eat properly to fuel yourself up so that you don’t have to feel dependent on coffee for your primary energy source.
~Dr. Nicole Sundene